...a way of seeing beyond inner and outer.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

You make me feel so young and not in a good way.

Twenty is a distant blur on my rear view mirror, so is thirty and let's just say I'm overly friendly with forty against my will.   I don't know many people my age that don't occasionally wish they were twenty again, provided they could bring their hard won wisdom along for the second lap.   I'm no exception.
This morning, I was reminded why the choices, the body, and the energy that come with being twenty-X aren't so great.   I lived with a level of self-doubt that makes me laugh now. It was also hard to pay the bills at twenty-X and things I now take for granted were not always reliable.  This unusually cool morning, I was transported to my youth.
Pretty lights do not a motor turn.

 I could laugh this time.  A car that wouldn't start wasn't nearly as entertaining at twenty.

4 comments:

  1. Yep. I don't really want to go back. I don't really want to go forward.
    I've learned that so much is not a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just your age and bank account, it's having a husband to whisk the car away and back, all fixed and with the tank topped off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so true... what a difference a man makes... a good man that is

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think, "for the Sake of Blessed Connection and Exquisite Controversy"