...a way of seeing beyond inner and outer.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Egg Salad with an attitude

     I don't like the notion of egg salad unless you're talking about slightly soft boil eggs chopped up while they're still warm so they can be tossed with butter, salt and pepper, but that's like saying a slab chocolate is a vegetable..    The other day I had a boiled egg left I wanted to use and decided to add some chopped grape tomatoes to it, a hand full of seeded chopped cucumber, a little grated cheese, a dab of mayo, and some juice from the bulk sized jar of jalapeños.  A recipe was born.  I will make this again.


Egg Salad Envy

1 egg
1/3 cup small grape tomatoes cut in half
1/3 cup seeded, chopped cucumber
2 T of grated cheese
1 T mayo
2 T pickled jalapeño juice
3 slices of jalapeño tossed on the top.
Toss.  Eat. Smile
Bulk jar of peppers:  three down, 8421 to go...

1 comment:

I love to know what you think, "for the Sake of Blessed Connection and Exquisite Controversy"