...a way of seeing beyond inner and outer.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Thove

Last Sunday, my ritualistic pawing of the LA Times was carried out over a hot pot of jasmine pearl tea and

a single piece
of 
 unbuttered,
Trader Joe's Petite Fruit and Nut Petite Loaf
instead of the huge and still warm (donut shop)
 almond croissant on the counter.
My imaginary French friend grew lightheaded with the pleasure of it all.


This morning, I had a bowl of high protein cereal, almond milk and a handful of raisins. This is only noteworthy because the pastry I didn't eat on Sunday is still sitting on the kitchen counter and I've never once let a good pastry go bad.  There are people starving at this moment so to allow it to sit on the counter until it does go has bad moral implications, but my own personal demons make a tossed pastry the moral high ground.  I thove my body, but we don't know each other well enough to use the L word.


2 comments:

  1. I too am thoving my body. I have Hershey's in my cabinet, but not touching it...going on a month now.
    Making faux MeatLoaf (lentils) next week and getting to where I can love my body.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think, "for the Sake of Blessed Connection and Exquisite Controversy"