- Making peace with the fact that I have a created a Journey channel on Pandora and that it dates me beyond repair.
- A boy that brings me flowers in the biggest, most-est, loudest, much-est colors he can find because thats how much he thinks I am.. I love a boy who thinks I'm all these colors even more than I love peonies. He's... well. He's a lot of boy goodness.
- A girl in Houston who takes my mother pale coral peonies because that's what I think my mother is and because I am not able be there to bring them to her myself to tell her and my father thank you for staying married 40 years. (I try not to proof/correct after I post, but saying thank you to my parent seems pretty important. )
- the shift from "is this going to be weird" to "phhhht...this will be good". It came from the decision to meet an unmet friend who's always been a kindred spirit and is now a met friend who confirmed my belief that loving kindness has got to start with ourselves or we won't have any to pass along.
A carpet cleaner and another carpet cleaner. seriously. I have taupe carpet ergo I love those two men.I'm taking this one back. Not to whine, but cleaning is good. Cleaning and taking more water with you than you leave is better. Oh all right. That's whining, but in this moment I'm perfectly okay with it. Does that count?
- a spice pantry where the ginger and the cinnamon are more likely to be used for curries than they are to be used for cookies
- cake mix.
- cake mix
- sorry.. one more time, cake mix but in all honesty, a great deal of humility needs to be added for the moment to reach the level of perfection. it's worth it. trust me. champagne helps. everything.
- Bhindi made in the same iron skillet my daughter's great-grandmother used to make corn bread, inspired by an amazing woman who's remembering how amazing she is. As to the bhindi, let me quote my mother who has perennially been known to say, "look it up", but because I'm not as hard core "good mother" as my mother is, I will at least give you a couple picture of how it starts:
- A confetti of blog awards that I will gladly accept in great detail...tomorrow, when I can do them and the incredible beauties who bestowed them upon cookedheads the justice they deserve.
- The entire Loire Valley in a glass, on a Sunday, or at least the more easterly pieces.
All this was a result of an exercise in Perfect Moments
brought to you, and to me