...a way of seeing beyond inner and outer.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Turnips or tulips

Turnips, collards, mustard and beet greens
I have my grandmother's green thumb without the acreage to use it so a cutting garden is out of the question.  They  also require a great deal of time and the pretend people who work for me won't do manual labor. I bravely carry on, thanks to Roger's Gardens, who had the good sense to hire real people, real talented people. Their hard work gives me all the good and none of the not as good so I go there when I need a floral fix.  If you're within reach, I recommend a visit if you're not, the website will tell you in great detail why I'm able to get by with my version of a cutting garden, turnip greens and herbs, which eventually all became dinner, tough to do with tulips unless you're an aphid, and do not get me started on those guys.
Purple sage, rosemary and thyme.
 I don't, as yet, see the point of parsley.
My apologies to the Misters Simon and Garfunkel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think, "for the Sake of Blessed Connection and Exquisite Controversy"