...a way of seeing beyond inner and outer.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Prime number Lamb Chops

As I've said before I'm really over cooking, despite the blogs name, and for the record, cooked heads aren't really about cooked anything, at least not in a literal sense. It's a line from a work by Rumi, but that's a story for another day, one I suspect you could find if you wanted. So.. dinner.   over it.  Five ingredient meals are almost too much for me. I like prime numbers, but I like three better than five. I'm also finding simple preparation with the best possible ingredients give you better results than three chapters of Mrs. Childs tome. A very good read, by the way and an even better Zen exercise, if you're in to that thing. I used to be. Now I'm into this:

Lamb chops

  • olive oil
  • rack of lamp chops "frenched"
  • herbes de provence or a mixture of salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary and lavender flowers ( the last being optional )
The day before you intend to cook the lamb, liberally spread the herb mixture on the fatty side of the rack of chops. Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge. Pre-heat oven to 450, place lamb chops fat side up for 15 minutes, reduce temp to 350 and cook another 15 minutes or until done to preferred level of pink.  Hubs like them on the pinker side. He's a sushi kind of guy, at least when it comes to his cooked animal products.Serve with steamed rice and a simple salad


and if you can find it, this:

Lodi? I know. . amazing.  Truly and richly amazing...
Finish by throwing away the foil, asking Hubs to do the dishes and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think, "for the Sake of Blessed Connection and Exquisite Controversy"