...a way of seeing beyond inner and outer.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Perfect moment

I recently started following a blog whose title I love, Write mind, open heart almost as much as the meme she's got going on Mondays, "Perfect Moment Mondays". It speaks to everything I believe about the world, namely, that we create the world in which we want to live and it's that very belief that made me want to start a blog .

After a very unhappy first marriage based on stupidity and , well, pretty much stupidity, I constantly ask myself why I am married to my current husband.   If the answer ever becomes, because I have to be, I know I have a problem.  I've been asking myself the same thing about blogging lately.  I've been neglecting one blog and swatting at this one and I want to know why.  

Why do you blog? What are you creating? Why do you invest the time in blogging? Is it purely to vent?  Is there something you're passionate about that every day, every post you easily come back to pass this love along?

10 comments:

  1. Excellent question! I'm going to have to post on that, I'm pretty sure. When you've come to your answers, please share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the shout out, Tracy! I do hope to see your PMM contribution next week :-).

    One thing I really like about blogging is that it makes me notice things more (everything is potential blog fodder!) and makes me move through my day more mindfully.

    Great question. I'm sure I'll be thinking about it long after I close this window.

    I'm curious what your answer ends up being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started because I am an ex-pat and wanted to keep in touch with my family...namely you, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have thought about this and may even post about it sometime. My current blog was an effort to consolidate and simplify my life so I could add in newer things. It's new, but it will also be a place where I can improve upon my writing.

    I have a Facebook account, but find it too frivolous. I love blogging and the great people I randomly come across -- like you! I don't blog to vent (but don't mind if others do :). I prefer to look at life from the lighter side -- truth with equal measures of wit and candor -- and feel that's certainly possible under most circumstances. For me it's what keeps things in perspective and helps me remain positive, and feeling alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started blogging because I wanted to improve my writing skills. But as I kept blogging I realized that I've met some amazing friends and receive some amazing feedback. I love how supportive other bloggers are! I could never not blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff,
    Will do. Actually did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lavender,
    I have the same experience, and it's funny how it's a balance act between blogging as a tool to help you stay aware and doing things so you can blog about them. I crack myself up with that sometimes.
    "Must.Go.Do.Blog!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lnnie,
    First. yaaaay! and secondly, I'm Very happy you did. no. make that very very happy. yes. much better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GG,
    Interesting, I never thought of a blog as a life management tool, but I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ameena,
    Your writing skills have benefited greatly. You're a treasured read and I wish I'd had your blog when I was raising my own daughter. It would have made a huge difference in how seriously I took myself, and her.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think, "for the Sake of Blessed Connection and Exquisite Controversy"