...a way of seeing beyond inner and outer.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Firedrill dinner

       No wine tasting today.  Instead we're having a fire-drill dinner with the bonus-family. Fire drill dinner is what happens when word spreads you're willing to be the half way point between bits of family that haven't already seen each other this weekend.  Bonus family is any one that you love but weren't born with, Churchill.
      As for the rest of you, I don't even know who you are and occasionally I sit here thinking that I want to give you something.   You have everything, including the things I think to give you, just as I have everything, but still, I ask,
     "What can I give?"
      Not because I'm a "good" person, ( what is that, anyway?) but because in those moments, I remember I have everything and want you to remember it too.
Your job description.


Fire Drill Dinner

Hummus
Za'atar & Olive oil
Roasted Cauliflower Dip


Smoked Turkey
Lima Beans
Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread
Greens 

Mix berry cobbler
Bourbon whipped cream

If you want specific recipes ask and I'll do what I can, but it's more art than science,  sort of like life... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you think, "for the Sake of Blessed Connection and Exquisite Controversy"