...a way of seeing beyond inner and outer.

Monday, April 11, 2011

A string of moments

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

Here are a few of my found moments:
  • The sight of oily black French roast beans fresh from their newly opened vacuum packed foil bag at 6:00am on a Monday
  • a round table,  a 20 year old bottle of wine and people I'd never met but can't wait to see again.
  • finding out my daughter has become a fascinating adult with political passions and a fire for change.
  • being 47 and still able to navigate the streets of San Francisco in five inch heels.
  • A 90 something man who asks a 20 something girl on a date to hear two local high schools have a battle of the bands.  He clears it with her boyfriend first.
  • fours sneezes in a row. then not another.   
  • sheet angels made in a freshly made bed
  • a conversation about anger that leaves the taste of hope and honey in my mind
  • a conversation about women that leaves the smell of my grandmother's Cabochard in my mind and then on my wrists

8 comments:

  1. Hi,
    First time here,and I liked it.
    I wish I could be on the other side of your table with that 20 year old wine !

    ReplyDelete
  2. well come and welcome, Dr.A.

    If the Universe has its say, eventually we'll all sit across the table over a glass of something with a little acquired wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, would love to be one of those people you know but are meeting for the first time. Over a glass of fine wine.

    I smiled about the sheet angels in a freshly made bed. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lavender, I can't think of a nicer way to sit around a table with someone delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All this on one Day? What a charmed life.
    (stop by today? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GG
    Uh...no. there were more than a couple knots between these little pearls

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am impressed about the 5inch heels in San Francisco!

    I really enjoyed reading your thoughts about anger as an engine for change. I think you're right and your words came from a wise place. As always, thanks for sharing your enlightened views :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. JJ,
    the heels are five inches high, but that does include the one inch platform on the welt. Still 5 inches is 5 damn inches!
    As to the enlightenment, think of it in terms of all the time I've had to bang my head up against a wall. Eventually you stop and think, "There has to be a better way to do this.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think, "for the Sake of Blessed Connection and Exquisite Controversy"