...a way of seeing beyond inner and outer.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Oh my Lord, Holy Crap"

That line is going to get me in trouble with my mother and several other people, but sometimes your horror is so overwhelming that you can't control your mouth.

So, the other night, when JJirraffe from Too Many Fish to Fry and I were having our adult beverage and talking about a few things blogging, one of the things we both laughed about was the shaaaaameful secret of statitics checking. We both do it and we both know you do it, if you have a blog.  This morning I was given yet another reason why it's not healthy for me to check them.

I've known it was none of my business for a while.  My job, as I see it, is to try to put out good material and let this blog grow the same way I want my tomatoes to be grown, organically, patiently, with attention to what I'm doing but allowing nature to take its course.

No no no.. I simply must see who likes me!!

Extra-ORDINARILY bad idea. For some reason, a site I will not reference, had been a jumping off point to cookedheads.  "Oh my Lord. Holy crap."     Yeah. Not something I wanted to see first thing in the morning.  Actually, an entire website devoted to things I do not want to see, any time of the morning, or the rest of the day for that matter.

Whoever you are, you're welcome to come to cookedheads, in fact, I personally think it would be very good for you, but could you do me a favor and go to Martha Stewart Living, or Vogue, or hell, even TMZ first.   yikes...

Now, if you''ll excuse, I have to go wash out my eyes with soap,  run my antivirus and write "Statistics are none of my business." five hundred times.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh watch where you click there, Tracy.

    I dunno, am I an idiot for openly admitting that I check my statistics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very funny, but I suspect you will continue to check statistics. Years ago there was an old saying that was popular among women managers - "the problem with being a leader is you never know if you are being chased or followed." It is much better to be followed :-). Takecare and have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arles,
    No kidding.. Holy Crap.. sorry, I had one more in me.
    As to the check stats thing, no, not an idiot, but then you're probably one of those sane people who can stay balanced and I, myself tend to live my "more is not enough. too much is much better."
    For me, that innate tendency, when allowed to "amok! amok!" cuts way down on the happpy quotient in blogging. I'm way deep into happy quotient. Crazed over thinking, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I never check statisics because I blog for pure enjoyment. I gave up long ago the hope and dream of ever being popular.
    Sometimes when I Google a picture, an almost naked one is in the mix and I think, "What does that have to do with erasers?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary,
    You don't know how right you are. Actually, you probably do. Not only will I keep checking, this post hadn't been out an hour and I was checking. Balance? The mid-range of sanity?

    ReplyDelete
  6. GG,
    As if the whole pie apprentice thing wasn't enough, now I think I need to come stand beside you and learn to think..

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think, "for the Sake of Blessed Connection and Exquisite Controversy"